311 Hauss Square
City / County Building
New Albany, Indiana 47150
812-948-5400 (Communications Center)
Major Steve Wheeler
Jail Operations Commander
Inmate Visitation Rules / Schedule
- Visitors that are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and that parent or guardian must go into visitation with that juvenile.
- All visitors must bring valid photo identification (State Driver's License or State I.D. Card)
- The first three (3) to visitors to sign in for any one inmate will be the only persons that may visit, all others shall be turned away. There shall be no trading of spaces, once someone is signed in they are the only person that can occupy that space (Even if someone leaves or doesn't want to visit once they have signed in.) (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- No Cellular Telephones, Cameras, Camera Phones, Purses, Diaper Bags, Strollers, Baby Carriers, Weapons of any kind, Food or Drink. A REMINDER THAT ALL OF THE VISITATION ARE IS VIDEO RECORDED. The FCSD is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen during visitation. Items belonging to inmates may be picked up between 6:00 p.m. through 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, the inmate must agree to release their belongings.
- Clergy Visits – Members of the Clergy must present their Clergy Card, Photo Identification, they must sign in, their visit will take place in the visitation rooms and no other visitors will be allow in with the Clergy Member.
Saturdays (Only Availiable Visitation) EFFECTIVE MAY 16th, 2009
- A Block (Females) - Sign Up 7:30am - 8:00am / Visitation 8:00am - 8:45am
- G Block - Sign Up 8:45am - 9:15am / Visitation 9:15am - 10:00am
- H Block - Sign Up 10:00am - 10:30am / Visitation 10:30 - 11:15am
- I Block - Sign Up 11:30am - 12:00pm / Visitation 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- F Block - Sign Up 12:45pm - 1:15pm / Visitation 1:15pm - 2:00pm
- J Block - Sign Up 2:00pm - 2:30pm / Visitation 2:30pm - 3:15pm
- B Block - Sign Up 3:15pm - 3:45pm / Visitation 3:45pm - 4:30pm
- C Block - Sign Up 4:30pm - 5:00pm / Visitation 5:00pm - 5:45pm
- D Block - Sign Up 5:45pm - 6:15pm / Visitation 6:15pm - 7:00pm - INFIRMARY
- E Block - Sign Up 8:00pm - 8:30pm / Visitation 8:30pm - 9:15pm
SEG/ BOOKIN - Sign Up 8:15pm - 8:45 / Visitation 8:45pm - 9:30pm
All mail for inmates of the Floyd County Jail should be mailed to:
Floyd County Jail
ATTN: Inmate (Inmates Name)
P.O. Box 1406
New Albany, IN 47150-1406
NO INAPPROPRIATE MAILINGS SHALL BE PASSED ON TO INMATES
- Commissary shall be passed on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday excluding holidays.
- CASH OR MONEY ORDERS ONLY
- Money shall be returned in the form of a check regardless of how it was received.
Floyd County Corrections and Jail Division provides officers and staffing for the Floyd County Courts and Jail. The Floyd County Jail is a 234 bed facility that houses pre-trial detainees and some convicted state offenders. Comprised with Corrections Officers, Medical Staffing, and Civil Process Officers, Floyd County Corrections is one of the largest divisions of the Floyd County Sheriff's Department.
If you have any questions, please refer to the information below or contact Floyd County Corrections at 812-948-5404
Major Andrew Sands
Support Operations Commander / CERT
Sgt. Ryan Rainey
2nd Shift Supervisor
Sgt. Ken Mayberry
3rd Shift Supervisor
Corrections Shift Command Staff
Sgt. Kevin Ellenbrand
1st Shift Supervisor
*Changes regarding Inmate Property Pick-up Schedule
Effective June 20th, 2011
Inmate Property Release Times will be on MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS and FRIDAYS from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Inmates that are being transported to State DOC will not be affected by this change, those pickups may happen at anytime in the 48 hours after contact is made with the designated party picking up the property.
Lt. Travis Sands
Court Team Supervisor
JAIL BOOKING AREA # 812-948-5404
MONDAY 7:30AM - 4:00PM TUESDAY 7:30AM - 4:00PM
WEDNESDAY 7:30AM - 8:00PM
THURSDAY 7:30AM - 4:00PM
FRIDAY 7:30AM - 4:00PM
NO FINGERPRINTS WILL BE DONE AFTER 3:30PM, EXPECT FOR WEDNESDAYS
INMATE PROPERTY PICK-UP
6:00PM - 8:00PM